Adventure, Relaxation & Culture
Sweeping views, tracks through nature, guided culture tours, stylish home cooked food, exciting projects and entrance to the fascinating world of the First People, the San – !Khwa ttu has it all.
As a safe travel destination and training centre, !Khwa ttu combines adventure, relaxation and education to leave a lasting impressing and a new understanding of the phrase “San Spirit Shared”.
!Khwa ttu Restaurant | Good food | Best Local Wines
Eating at !Khwa ttu
About The Restaurant
To produce tasty and wholesome, freshly prepared food using locally sourced ingredients wherever possible. Menus vary according to season and always include a selection of meat dishes using local free range game, reared at !Khwa ttu on their farmland.
The rustic restaurant, overlooking Fynbos and the distant ocean can comfortably cater for sixty guests indoors whist outside on the stoep (porch) an additional thirty persons can be accommodated. From here – traditional breakfasts and lunch, seven days per week is served.
The restaurant is fully licensed holding a wide selection of good locally produced wines, many of which are available for tasting.
OPENING HOURS: Monday to Sunday – 08h30 -16h30 Light meals served from 11h30, daily, last orders 15h30.
San guided tours | !Khwattu aims to open visitors’ eyes to the world of the San, one of Africa’s oldest peoples.
San guided tours at !Khwa ttu
The tour is a fascinating insight into the culture, heritage, knowledge, skills and contemporary life of the San. Guided tours are offered daily at 10 am & 2 pm. This tour last 1 hour. The tour is conducted either on foot or on a bicycle.
The emphasis is on a “journey into history facilitated by the San people themselves,” celebrating San culture and creating opportunities for the San community.
San guides at !Khwa ttu provide a glimpse into the rich diversity of San traditional stories and skills. There’s a spirit of forgiveness, healing and celebration– and a participation in the renewal of an ancient, wisdom-filled culture. This unique spirit is shared from the first encounter at !Khwa ttu, from the receptionist, to the smiling waiters, gardeners and tour guides.
Cycling at !Khwa ttu
!Khwa ttu’s mountain bike trail on the Cape West Coast offers variety, fun, relaxation and spectacular views, at a great family venue perfect for weekend getaways.
The trail includes two well-marked routes suitable for all levels of experience, from casual leisure rider to experienced adrenaline junkie. Mountain bikes for hire.
O’Live To Travel offers two self-catering units at !Khwa ttu’s charming guest-farm cottages, rustic charm with ethno-stylish deco. Breakfast is served in the farm-style restaurant.
Guest house unit 1
- Open plan lounge and kitchen with separate bedroom and en-suite bathroom.
- The lounge has an indoor fire place and the kitchen is fully equipped with a fridge, microwave, toaster, kettle, crockery and cutlery.
- The bedroom has two single beds that can be made into one king-size bed.
- Wi-Fi access is complimentary.
- Towels are provided
- The bathroom has a shower and toilet.
Guest house unit 2
- The lounge, kitchen and bedroom are open plan. The bathroom is en-suite.
- The rest of the facilities are the same as for unit 1.
- Bush House with 1 bedroom with king size bed, 1
- bedroom with twin beds, en-suite outdoor bathroom with shower and bath, kettle, full size fridge, outdoor & indoor fire place, outdoor furniture, two plate gas stove.
- Bathroom amenities / Wireless internet connection
- Separate tub and shower / Coffee/Tea maker
- Complimentary high speed internet in room
- Desk / Fireplace
- High speed internet connection / Internet access
- Non-smoking / Refrigerator
- Sitting area
Bush Camp tent with two single beds per tent, bathroom with outdoor showers, male and female, small gas stove, outdoor furniture, shared ablution facility, shared Boma area.
- Bathroom amenities
- Coffee/Tea maker
- Shower only
- Sitting area
BOOK YOUR WEST COAST – WEEKEND AWAY
With O’Live To Travel
View our Promotions (click to view)